Christmas, when everyone around is cheerful, give gifts! Let’s use this and make ourselves (or a girlfriend) another gift-a cheerful clown with gifts, because what can be funnier than clowns and nicer gifts ???
I’ve been seeing a lot of pop-up cards around the web lately, all using very intricate, sometimes complicated folding and glueing techniques. Since I’m really more of the simple-diy-lover, I’ve put together a quick and versatile pop-up card tutorial. The idea is that you can use one basic technique for an endless amount of different pop-up cards.
Postcard magic: When you open it, because of boxes with gifts-SURPRISZZZ !!!!!! – a cheerful clown departs
And when you close the postcard, the clown hides again!
Here are the templates: Note the pieces of white paper at the bottom, on their shape, it’s important!
First, gifts. Cut out with a white stripe about 1 – 1.5 cm. Folded on the corner of the purple box.
Typical errors, which this time I did not escape. And the old woman is proruha!
- The strip should be slightly longer than the left edge of our presents (or the most prominent one in the arbitrary template you have chosen). Shown by red arrows.
- The fold of the strip is clearly in the corner of the box (the green arrow)
- The halves of the bands should be of equal length.
If you still make a mistake with the length of the strip, just cut out a new one and paste it on top of the old one. Then zadekoriruete place of gluing
- Take the strip of paper-the basis of the postcard. The width is 14 cm, the length of the sections is 10-9.8-9.8-10 cm. To make the angles clearly formed, we make nadreziki: between 1 and 2, 3 and 4 sections, from the face, in the middle-from the inside. Clearly blur. Fold the card into the accordion.
- Approximately in the middle of the strip between the 2 and 3 section we draw a very clear angle of 90 degrees. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT! The length of the sides is about 2.5 cm.
At a distance of about 1.5 cm from the bottom edge, we put the lines to mark the template with gifts.
- Now, a horizontal slot connecting the top points of the triangle. Learn the angle to fold out: make cuts from the underside of inclined lines and from the face, on the bend of the triangle. We put it very clearly, we remember well the triangle. He now must independently fold and unfold at the opening of the postcard.
- Lubricate PVA to the left side of the triangle.
We glue the red clown, that’s what the triangle was for at its base! The angle of the clown is clearly in the corner of the triangle!
The clown should easily turn out at closing and not get out of this card.
We paste the template with gifts on the bottom markup-remember, we left it in step 8? The convex corner of the template should lie clearly in the fold of the postcard when folded! We decorate the card with hearts and lace cutting, it is glued behind.
Now we take another strip of paper cut into the desired size (which one will like), and try on the back of our postcard. This will be her cover. We check that nothing gets out during the addition. We paste, if all is well.
If everything is done clearly, smoothly, with notches and smoothly muted, the postcard should be perfectly formed, the patterns do not interfere with each other.
We decorate the face of the cover. Clone paste on 1 layer of foamed double-sided adhesive tape, gifts-2 layers. It turned out such a voluminous postcard! And let the clown juggle with the hearts of the fans!
The back cover is also decorated.
Magic is ready, give with pleasure! Thank you!
Hope you like this Cheerful Clown Pop-up card tutorial.