Chocolates are the favourite of all. Our mouth starts watering when we hear the name chocolates. It serves as a perfect sweet option during Diwali or Christmas. Children are especially fond of it and love to savour it. It would be even better and attract more if the chocolates are presented in decorative baskets. It suits the occasion and the curiosity increases. Considering all these facts, we will show you how to make an easy DIY paper basket for chocolates which can also be used for gifting purpose.
- Colour papers
- Glue gun
- Decorative pearls
- White paper
- Golden pearls
- Glue stick
- Take the A4 sized cardboard color paper. Fold and cut the color paper in half lengthwise.
- Fold the paper piece to make accordion as shown.
- Make 6 such accordion pieces.
- Paste these accordion pieces together using craft glue as shown.
- Paste both the ends of the accordion together as shown.
- Cut the circular shape out of the cardboard for base.
- Make small cuts on the paper as shown.
- Give the basket shape to the accordion and paste it on the cardboard base.
- Cut the cardboard strip measuring 2cm wide.
- Wrap the cardboard strip using color paper strip to make a handle of the basket as shown.
- Cut the white paper piece measuring 4.5×4.5cm.
- Similarly, cut the piece of white paper measuring 5.5×5.5cm.
- Make such paper flowers.
- Paste these paper flowers on the handle of the basket.
- Now, decorate the basket using decorative pearls.
Your accordion basket is now ready to use. You can keep some chocolates inside and gift it to your loved ones. Your near and dear ones will simply love this basket and it is a great craft to showcase your creativity. Hope you enjoyed learning this accordion basket. It is simple and easy to make. Happy crafting!!